- Saturday, 28 Sep. 2019 11:15 am - 2:30 pm GMT+10:00
Sorry, this event is not available.
This event was available from Sunday, 7 July 2019 12:00 am until the event start date.
The STEKO Training Course is to assist STEKO team members implement the STEKO programme effectively both through the delivery of the content and the design of the teaching and learning activities. The course explores how to:
· Structure a safe and supportive environment in the learning space where children can flourish in their learning.
· Value and relate to each child as a unique person with intrinsic worth.
· Articulate the concepts of the programme clearly and contextualised for the specific cohort of children, and
· Implement effective teaching and learning strategies (adapted where needed for a specific cohort).
The course involves both individual and group activities and also provides opportunity for personal reflection. Registrations are open to community volunteers, allied health professionals, teachers and support staff!
11.15am – 11.30pm: Registrations
11.30am – 12.40pm: Course Content: Introduction and Part A & B
12.40pm – 1.10pm: Break
1.10pm – 2.30pm: Course Content: Part C & D and Conclusion
Note: The course content totals 2.5-hours.